Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shriners

For those of you asking- This is the link to the official shriners site. I am sure you have seen shriners around and it would surprise when you find out just how many are actually around you every day.

http://www.shrinershq.org/Shrine/

They are always in a great deal of parades and I know that there is a hospital in SLC. They provide FREE medical care to any child for burns, orthopedic, and many other problems. It is an honorable organization and is a branch of the Masons. Masons have been around since even before Solomons Temple. It is a great thing to be a part of.

Mark

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I read for awhile about this and I was really inspired! What a great thing!

Debbie said...

Thanks Mark! I always knew you were a great "little" brother. Keep up the good work.

bonnie said...

Your great uncle Charlie was a Shriner and also my cousin Donna's husband Jimmie was. Uncle Charlie gave us tickets every year when Dave, Deb, Diane, & Annette were little, to go to the Shriner's sponsered Circus. The kids had alot of fun. The Shriners do a lot of good. I'm sure you will enjoy being a part of it.