
Gavin (all 65 lbs of 7th grader) has decided that football is for him! Mom has watched anxiously from the side lines waiting for boys that are twice his size just to crack him in half. It was an incredible experience to watch him as he tried to take a boy that was 2 feet taller and had about 55 lbs on him. He crossed his arms in front of him and just jumped at this amazon, TWICE! Besides being comic relief it was neat to see that not much fazes him. BTW The other player let him do that about twice and then just neat put his hand on Gavin's helmet and held him away from him for the rest of the play. Gavin may never be a football superstar but I think he is more of the team good luck mascot. They watch out for him and give him lots of patience. He is likened to Taz the Tasmanian Devil as sometimes his energy is like a whirling dervish. Ah, to have the attitude that he holds. We are proud of him.
3 comments:
What a kid! I am proud of Gavin as well, that stick-to-it attitude will take him far.
I can see how it would be fun as well as scary to watch him play.
HOLY CRAP! Yeah I would pretty much be freaking out from the sidelines but what SPIRIT! I love reading about your kids. Seriously what a stud!
Way to go Gavin! It's determination not size that counts.
You can learn so many good things from participating in sports.
Post a Comment