Friday, January 4, 2008

Fun and then some

Well we are almost a full week into a new year and it seems like instead of things slowing down they seem to speeding up. Good news I guess. The escapades with the new embroidery machine are becoming legendary and now I know why the company offers a three weeks full time course to learn it. Oh well we were self taught on the vinyl stuff so we can do it again on this. The bummer was that a few days before Christmas one of the buttons stopped working, GGGRRR. I could still use the machine but I would not be able to stop it and back it up to fix anything. I had lots of orders to get through and not a lot of patience left. Somehow we manage and contacted the company and they assured it could be fixed for a measly $150 plus postage and downtime for 2 weeks, DOUBLE GRRR. Well about three days after Christmas Mark made a quick trip to Radio Shack and spent $2 and came back and fixed it in less than 10 minutes- THANK YOU! I am so LUCKY to have such a handy guy. Oh yeah and I have learned to laugh at myself so I decided to share that all this time I couldn't get the tension right on the machine- I mean it still looked good but it wasn't just perfect yet- WWELLLL BIG DUH! I had been putting the hoops on upside down!!??!! LOL It was only about a quarter inch difference but wow- it changes alot of things- So that is the humble laugh for the week! Mark is proud of me because I finally broke down and I actually bought a daily scheduling book like dentists and such have so that I can schedule different jobs to do because we have so many now. We are now comfortably booked until early March. (comfortably translates to 40 hours a week knowing that there are always the gotta be done yesterday type orders so we will average more than that I am sure!) I love watching a product become finished and realizing that Mark and I produced it. The embroidery is especially fun because I have always kinda been a closet sewer- (not always admitting how much I do enjoy it!)

The family is doing so well now that we are all getting over the lovely bug that we all caught. We are in the process of moving a great deal of equipment down to the office and we finally got to see the top of our dining table the other night. So now we are back to Texas Hold'em, Yahtzee, and all the fun stuff like that for a while each night. Of course with the Wii and Guitar Hero III the nights are not always spent at the table. The kids are getting older and I am grateful that all my kids are around the same age group that interests and maturity are real close so we all enjoy doing the same things usually. So many teenagers is one house is not always heaven though but we still manage. Lydia and Tressa are starting to train for Volleyball and Track. Gavin is getting tall but still a skinny cutie with a great sense of humor. We have been enjoying 45+ degrees in temp. So spending time outside has been really enjoyable.

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I love hearing about your work! What would we do without our great husbands? I always tell Jon that I wouldn't use half the tech stuff that I do without him!

bonnie said...

I love hearing about your family and what you are doing. Mark must have got some of Jay's and Grandpa Red's genes. They both could fix anything!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

I love our kids being close together too because like you said they like to do the same things. I do worry about having 4+ teenagers under the same roof. SHould be an adventure :)

Love reading about what you are all up too.

Debbie said...

I too have found the value in being able to laugh at myself. There are times when I have a side ach from laughing so much! All the things Mark got himself into as a 2year old (and up) have paid off! Good job little bro.